Be Better Prepared For Driving In Heavy Rain
Heavy rain is one of the most dangerous conditions that you can drive in. Poor visibility and slippery services makes an accident a real and ever-present danger.
As well as this, the adverse weather conditions can damage the inner workings of your car. Breakdown rates increase, which is both annoying and expensive for the driver of a Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle.
Many breakdowns are caused by driving through deep water, and unless the driver can prove that the damage wasn’t done because of their actions, the insurance company may not pay out, which can result in a massive bill. If the damage is too severe, and whole components have to be replaced, then the time it takes to fix your car increases hugely.
We have compiled a list of handy tips that will make driving in heavy rain less of an issue;
- Use dipped, rather than full beam headlights, and don’t use rear fog lights. This will increase your visibility to other drivers.
- Slow down. This sounds obvious, but you have more time to react to things the slower you are going. When visibility is poor, this becomes of paramount importance. As well as this, driving too quickly through deep water can cause massive engine failure.
- If you do break down in torrential rain, keep the bonnet closed, so as not to do any further damage to the car.
- Don’t drive through water if you can’t see how deep it is, and if you must, then keep to the highest part of the road.
- After driving through water, test your brakes by slowly applying them, then accelerating, then applying them again. This dries the brakes, returning them to the peak level of effectiveness.
We are the definitive wheelchair accessible vehicle provider, dedicated to developing the finest wheelchair accessible vehicles on the market. If you want to find out more – get in touch.
Lewis Reed Group
Provider of high quality Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles
With over 20 years experience producing and selling wheelchair accessible vehicles in the UK, you can be sure that we can offer excellent customer service with a level of knowledge that is completely unrivalled.