New Procedures for Covid-19
Whilst we are operating under COVID-19 restrictions, it is important to us at Lewis Reed that our customers and colleagues remain safe and well.
As a result, some of our normal practices have been adapted to adhere to safe social distancing guidelines by providing customers and staff with a contact-free home vehicle demonstrations, vehicle deliveries and annual WAV / first familiarisation check services.
When you book a Home Demonstration
What to expect on the day of your appointment:
- Before the vehicle leaves Lewis Reed it will be sanitised thoroughly, paying attention to high contact areas including door handles, secondary driving controls, steering wheel and seat adjustments.
- When we arrive at your location, we will call you to let you know we have arrived, we won’t shake your hand please do not mistake this for being impolite, we must maintain social distancing measures throughout the demonstration. Our representative will always be wearing disposable gloves and mask.
- Before handing the vehicle over to you we will once again sanitise all the touch points including the vehicle keys. We can supply disposable gloves for your use should you wish.
- Our representative will not travel in the vehicle with you when you take a test drive, instead the vehicle will be monitored through a tracking-based system. We will require a copy of your driving license for all test drives – this can be sent by email prior to the demonstration.
- A demonstration of the vehicle, the conversion & all additional equipment will be given by our driver while observing the 2-metre social distancing rule.
- You will then be asked to demonstrate using the wheelchair user’s wheelchair to ensure correct and safe use of equipment, including attaching belts. Our driver will observe from a safe distance, if wheelchair measurements are required, we ask that you take these measurements yourself using your own equipment.
- Our demonstration driver will be happy to repeat any instructions until you are satisfied and comfortable with all the conversion equipment and base vehicle specification.
- You will not be asked to sign any paperwork, further questions and requirements can be discussed with our representative by telephone.
When you book an Annual WAV or First Familiarisation Check
What to expect on the day of your appointment:
- We will have already arranged a convenient time for your appointment and will call you on our arrival. We will collect your vehicle keys at the pre-arranged location as advised when the appointment was made.
- Should you have any issues you would like us to address please advise before our arrival or let us know on the day.
- On arrival we will establish whether there is a suitable area to complete our appointment whilst always observing the safe social distancing rules. Our engineer will be wearing protective equipment including a mask and disposable gloves.
- The engineer will sanitise the keys using anti-bacterial wipes and clean all the touchpoints in the vehicle before commencing work.
- We will carry out the AWC/FC and service (if required on your lift/lowering suspension) and will fill out the necessary paperwork.
- The engineer will once again thoroughly disinfect all areas within your vehicle considered high contact areas once we have completed our work. These include all hard, high use areas, steering wheel, gear lever, indicators, handbrake, interior and exterior door handles, window controls, seat adjustment controls, seat belt, rear view mirror, tie down equipment, lift and of course the keys. We will use antibacterial/anti-viral wipes or spray.
- We will not ask you to physically sign any paperwork on the day. You can request a copy of the AWC/FC form and it can be sent electronically.
- We will leave the keys and any documentation for your vehicle in an envelope in a pre-agreed location, we suggest you discard the envelope after opening.
- Alternatively, we will leave the documentation in a safe location as advised by you.
- The Aftersales team will call you to discuss the findings from the WAV Check and let you know of any issues that require further rectification.
When your New Vehicle is Delivered
- Prior to your vehicle leaving our premises it will be cleaned using sanitiser sprays paying close attention to touch points including the steering wheel, gear selector, secondary driving controls, door handles, seat adjustments and keys.
- Due to social distancing guidelines, we will not be able to demonstrate the features and controls of the base vehicle to you during the handover as we would normally do. Instead, we will always demonstrate visually while observing a 2-metre distance. We are happy to wait with you whilst you carry out the loading procedure until you are confident with the process, should you have any further questions post-delivery, we will be available by telephone or video call.
- When we arrive on our pre-agreed time and date rather than knock at your door we will call. We will not be able to shake your hand so please do not mistake this for being impolite, we must maintain a contact free process throughout the delivery. Our representative will always be wearing gloves and mask.
- Before finally handing your new vehicle over our representative will again clean and disinfect the high contact areas of the vehicle interior.
- We will not ask you to physically sign any paperwork on the day. We will give as much time as necessary to inspect the vehicle – whilst our driver keeps their distance – and ask you to provide us with electronic confirmation that you accept the vehicle and are happy with its condition on delivery. This can be via email or text.
- We will leave the keys and documentation for your new vehicle in a sealed envelope in a pre-agreed location, we suggest you discard the envelope after opening.
- Alternatively, if agreed in advance, we will leave the documentation in a safe location as advised by you.
- If you have a part exchange or a vehicle to return, please make sure all personal belongings have been removed in advance, place all documentation and keys in an envelope within the vehicle. The V5C logbook, service record, handbook, spare keys and MOT certificate are all required. If the vehicle has been driven within the last 3 days we would appreciate it if you could clean any high contact areas paying particular attention to the steering wheel, gear selector and seat adjustment controls with a household anti-bacterial solution.